Before You Build!

Before you begin a home project, your plans must be submitted to your subdivision's HOA/management company or unit Restrictions Committee (RC), as appropriate, for review and approval PRIOR to applying for a City building permit and beginning work on your home or property! A step-by-step process can be found on the FORHA website at process.  If you are planning to start a project, please review this process and complete the appropriate steps.  Note: If you live in The Arbors, Elkhorn Ridge, Enclave, Front Gate, Raintree Woods, River Valley, Setterfeld Estates, Stone Creek Ranch, or Trailside, please contact your subdivision’s HOA for instructions on how to submit your project plans for approval before contacting the City for a permit.   
RCs are the official restrictions authority for most areas of Fair Oaks Ranch. These committees are responsible for all aspects of a unit’s covenants and restrictions that include structural, behavioral and maintenance of our collective properties. All restrictions are filed with the appropriate counties, and can be accessed through the FORHA website. Project Application forms are also located on the FORHA website at

Please contact the FORHA Office if you need help identifying your HOA/RC or with any questions about the project application process.


Fair Oaks Ranch 
Homeowners Association